Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday flowers

no use pretending, I have totally fallen off this wagon. Somewhere in February I said I would post 3 times a week (!) and that I would do what I said I would do (rubbish!)

Truth is, I've started working with the lovely Sophie at the 500 Touring Club, www.500touringclub.com, running our own wine excursions into the Chianti Classico area, and keeping on top of 3 beehives, among other things, and it seems in February i lost sight of how hectic May can be. I would probably had skipped this week altogether if not for Giulia asking where the flowers were. Thanks Giulia. It's nice to be missed.

Enough excuses, I do have flowers for you, these are a wild hyacinth growing down amoungst the olives, paired here with some wild fennel fronds.

With everything going on, I have found time to put together some elderflower champagne, so, other work permittting, and depending on how the champagne (using the term very loosely) turns out, next week I'll do flowers and recipe. (And there I go overcommitting again)

No comments:

Post a Comment